The U.S. Department of Education, the Tennessee Department of Education and national civil rights organizations have put together resources and supports for understanding the new federal K-12 law, the Every Student Succeeds Act. Click here for detailed summaries, webinars, FAQs, and other reports.
- ESSA: Overview & Resources
- Summary: Proposed Regulations on Accountability, State Plans, and Data Reporting under ESSA
- New FAQs: Transitioning to the Every Student Succeeds Act
- Sign up for U.S. Department of Education ESSA updates
- LDF Urges Robust Implementation of Every Student Succeeds Act (ESSA) To Close Achievement Gaps and Promote Student Success
- Webinar: What the ESSA Means for Latino Students and English Learners
- Webinar: Parent and Family Engagement in ESSA
- ESSA Draft Accountability Regulations Are Critical First Step to Ensuring Equity in Education System
- Proposed ESSA Rules Aim to Walk Fine Line on Accountability. Education Weekly. May 31, 2016.
- Inside the Every Student Succeeds Act: Special Report on ESSA and what it Will Mean for Public Schooling. Education Weekly.
- Explaining the Key Points of the New K-12 Education Law. The Washington Post. January 21, 2016.
- Education Policy Glossary of Terms
- Supplement not Supplant — Funding Equity for Schools
- What’s in the Every Student Succeeds Act (An Overview)
- Parent and Family Engagement Provisions in the ESSA
- Accountability Provisions in the ESSA
- ESSA Guide for Advocates
To contribute to the resources listed please send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org